digital customer operations
Turn Product Innovation into Business Opportunity
To help turn product innovation into new business opportunities, operators must look at how they are selling these products and services and how they are enabling their customers to undergo an almost frictionless experience in the presentation and ability to do business. How can operators accelerate product innovation, and make these innovations available to their customers, and combine the new services with traditional, core services?
Further, operators must diversify their offers and create ever more varieties of value-add to their products to remain relevant, and in fact, escape the declining revenue, declining margin, saturated market trends that have plagued the industry – all while continuing to invest heavily in next generation networking technologies.
Traditionally, operators invested primarily on post-sales activities, such as Billing and Customer Care/Support – creating vast systems of BSS/OSS complexity. Moving forward, operators need to monetize new offers, and frankly, the legacy BSS/OSS is simply not up to the task.
So the big question is, how do operators differentiate themselves in an increasingly commoditized market, where there are legacy services and the infrastructure that they ride on (along with their cash flow), and combine that with higher margin, differentiated services on new systems, and make it all easier for a customer to select, order and activate these new services?
It’s all about the flow – how do you innovate new offers, get them set up on your systems, present it internally and to the targeted market segments, and get it out fast – in a mass-customization way that increases your business velocity? It’s time for a new approach – using new tools and systems available today, operators must overlay existing systems with those that have been designed for the new business models.
Operators must take advantage of new innovations, facilitate creation of new services, leveraging the standards- and models-based approach with API-based system integration.
Operators should focus on proactive digital practices to increase customer satisfaction and customer engagement, and embrace new digital practices in omnichannel selling, DevOps, and zero touch provisioning for automatic fulfilment and orchestration of new services. Become that Digital Service Provider. Make those API interfaces with other operators for transparent ordering and provisioning of services – reduce the friction, make it easy to do business with.
To that end, GDX is partnered with companies such as Sigma Systems to help our clients achieve their goals toward becoming that Digital Service Provider. Through Sigma’s simple process below, Create-Sell-Deliver, GDX can help you on your journey.
- Create: Accelerate product innovation and create what your customers want to buy.
- Sell: Maximize sales in a digital, omni-channel world. Sell to your customers where they want to buy.
- Deliver: Automate and lower the cost of fulfillment. Deliver when your customers want it – on time, every time.
- Define Network Functions and Network Services in Catalog
- Service discovery automated for NFV services
- Models based on ETSI and TM Forum specifications
- Quote and order capture for direct sales, resellers, and partner channels
- Guided selling and dynamic pricing based on customer selection, product availability/feasibility constraints (e.g., virtual versus physical network services)
- Integration with MANO NFV orchestration for virtualized functions
- Integration into legacy networks for traditional access, voice, video and cloud application services
- APIs based on ETSI and TM Forum specifications
CONTACT US FOR FURTHER INFORMATION